1) Theive’s Oil - AKA Marseille’s Remedy: I use this topically and in the air (both for steams and simply diffused into the air). Check out a local maker's website - Theive's Oil has a really neat history!
I never apply Theive’s Oil direct to the skin as it seems too strong to me, but the makers claim it can be used ‘neat’ topically. You can apply it to your hands and feet to sanitize them, to boost your immune system, and to prevent sickness and infection. I apply the oil in a carrier to our feet at night and in the morning and cover up with socks (to prevent slipping, to keep the sheets clean, and to allow deep penetration).
I also diffuse the oil and breathe the vapours to help fight sickness and clear air of pathogens. I add a few drops of orange essential oil to my diffusers along with the Theive’s Oil – orange makes it smell like Christmas :)
Syzgium aromaticum (organic Clove essential oil)
Citrus limon (organic lemon essential oil)
Cinnamoomum verum (organic Cinnamon bark essential oil)
Eucalyptus polybractea (organic Blue Mallee Eucalyptus essential Oil)
Rosimarinus officinalis (organic Rosemary essential oil)
2) “Sick Tea” – our own concoction and the kids love it! We drink this whenever we're feeling down.
- A heaping teaspoon of raw local honey
- A packet of raspberry EmergenC
- A sprinkle of powdered Thyme
- Some times I’ll squeeze some fresh organic lemon or lime juice into the mix as well
- A mug full of warm alkaline water
3) Lots of pure alkaline water
4) Soups, salads, and fruit
5) I used to also use ViraStop by Enzymatica – but unfortunately Health Canada pulled it! You can still buy it in the states though, and I gotta say – I’ve been sicker since I haven’t been able to get it. I might make a trip down just for ViraStop LOL
That’s it! We’re healthy and strong with in a few days!
I hope this will help some of you through this crazy flu season...